Each semester as capacity allows, the Department of Biology is able to accept a limited number of current TCNJ students into the department as new biology majors. Current TCNJ students who meet the requirements may apply to the department to change their major to biology, but acceptance into the major is NOT guaranteed.
Effective Fall Semester 2018, the College-wide minimum requirements for a change of major have changed. The new, minimum requirements for an internal transfer to biology are as follows:
Grade of C- or higher in BIO 201 (Foundations of Biological Inquiry)
Grade of C- or higher in CHE 201 (General Chemistry I)
However, simply meeting the requirements for biology will likely not result in admission, due to the very limited capacity within the department. Acceptance is determined by s committee of faculty in the Department of Biology and is based on the availability of space, and these additional considerations:
- Math and Science GPA
- Science and Math courses completed
- Number of course units taken at TCNJ
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for the field of Biology
The departmental application form is available using the link below, or by requesting a copy from the Biology Office, Biology Building Room 202.
- The Office of Records and Registration’s Change of Major/Plan Form should be submitted to meet the deadlines announced on the College’s Academic Calendar.
- The Department’s Internal Transfer Application Form 2018 should be completed and submitted to the Biology Office by the following dates of the semester during which the applicant will complete the requirements: Dec 1 for the fall semester; Apr 15 for the spring semester.