All Biology majors who entered the program Fall 2016 or later must complete at least one course from the following list of Organisms and Evolution Option Courses. Please note that not all courses are taught in all years.
- BIO 332 – Biology of the Vertebrates
- BIO 341 – Biology of Seed Plants
- BIO 342 – Biology of the Invertebrates
- BIO 343 – General Entomology
- BIO 344 – Avian Biology
- BIO 411 – Animal Physiology
- BIO 420 – Ecology and Evolution of Plant Insect Interactions
To be considered an Organisms and Evolution Option Course, a course must meet the following criteria:
- Primary focus of the course is at the organism level, centering on what it means to be an organism; rather than focusing at other levels of biological organization, e.g., at the biochemical, molecular, cellular, or population levels.
- The course emphasizes macroevolutionary processes.